My daughter Shona will turn 2 years old this November and I am all excited for her 2nd birthday bash. The first one was a grand affair and it was celebrated at my in-laws’ place. I wonder my daughter is growing at a very fast pace. With each passing day, I see something new about her and her activities. She is a hyper-active child and a quick learner. I have seen her copying me many times and I remind myself on daily basis that whatever I choose to do in front of her, it will have a direct impact on her upbringing. My actions today will decide her actions tomorrow.
The biggest failure in the life of a parent is bad parenting of a child. Children are the future and today, we (parents) are their teachers. I believe teaching manners in kids is of prime importance and it should be imparted as soon as they start observing and copying your actions. Manners take you to where your education can’t irrespective of your status, money or the “who you know” factor. Manners can’t be taught in single day. Children learn them by watching your (parent’s) activities. So, parents watch out and do correct your kid if she is making the below mentioned mistakes.
1) Your child holds the cup or glassware by the brim.
2) Your child doesn’t greet elders.
3) Your child eats with her mouth open.
4) Your child brings home something you did not buy for them (that is the beginning of stealing).
5) She talks back at you (you will hate her if she does this in front of others).
6) She interrupts when you are speaking with others.
7) She shows authority over their nanny and domestic staff.
8) Your child doesn’t say- ‘Thank you’ when they have been helped or served something.
9) When your child cannot stand other child who is less privileged.
10) When she picks her nose with hands.
11) When she doesn’t wash her hands after visiting the washroom.
12) When your child doesn’t knock on closed doors.
13) When your child doesn’t collect from your hands the stuff you brought in as you walk in through the door.
14) When your child has not learnt to get up from the chair for the elderly or visitors to sit.
15) When your child tells a lot of lies (you will both cry in the future).
16) When your child is always seated by your visitors when being served drinks etc.
17) When your child plays and jumps around when prayers are going on.
Don’t be a 21st Century parent who cannot correct a child. Train your child in the way of the Lord so that when she grows up he will not depart from it. IT IS BETTER TO LET YOUR CHILDREN CRY AT AN EARLY AGE WHEN YOU CORRECT THEM, IF NOT YOU WILL BOTH CRY WHEN THEY BRING DISGRACE TO THE FAMILY WITH BAD AND TERRIBLE BEHAVIOURS.
Please circulate to all parents and grandparents that are on your contact list to assure us all a better future.
This post is submitted for #DailyChatter #UBC Day Seven. I hope you will share this article with your friends and family. If you enjoy reading my articles, then do rate me on blogadda. Thanks. 🙂