As you turn 18th months old today, I want to share something with you, though you can’t read and understand this at this point of time but a few years later you may be smiling while reading this blog.
Now that you are a 1.6-year old naughty toddler and have started doing many things on your own, I want to pen down at least 18 things, which I love about you:-
1. When you come running to me saying ‘Mee, Mee, Mee, Mee’.
2. When you wake up looking for me and say ‘MaMaMaMa’.
3. When you run and turn back running in my arms with a big smile.
4. When I say Shona go to the bathroom, it is nai-nai time and you like an obedient girl go to the bathroom and wait for me.
5. When you do something wrong and act innocent and try to fascinate me with your mischievous smile.
6. When you squeal after doing something, which you are not allowed to do.
7. When you relish the food served to you and eat it without any tantrums.
8. When you ask for drinking water saying Pi-Pi and don’t stop asking till you get it.
9. When you jump in happiness, hearing the door bell in the night and think dad has come.
10. And on seeing your dad, when you say gaayin-gaayin (means dad play the music on your phone).
11. On hearing your favourite songs, when you start shaking your body and raise your finger in excitement.
12. When you kiss us and caress our cheeks with a smile on your face.
13. When you go to the worship room at home and start chanting mantras in your own language, which now only God and you can comprehend.
14. When you like eating something so badly that you do not let me eat my share.
15. When you sit on my stomach and jump on it like it’s your territory.
16. When you video call with your grandparents, the way you communicate with them is the loveliest thing one can witness.
17. When you walk #LikeABoss, and the attitude you carry is just mind-blowing.
18. The best thing is when you put something in our mouth and feel happy when we eat it.
I recall the time when you were so small that almost for a week post your birth, you were given breast-milk through feeding-tube inserted in your nose to stomach. You were too feeble to suck milk on your own. There were many reasons why you were born weak that I would share in my future post. But I thank God from the depth of my heart that now you are hale and hearty and keep me on my toes.
One day you will be 18 years old, I get super-excited thinking how you will look like as a teenage girl, what you will be studying then, what goals and ambitions you will have for your life, etc. Too much I think about you! I think I have become obsessed about you. What can I do, you’re my daughter, and you are my part, my heart. Everyone in your maternal side and paternal side love you so much. You’re the apple of our eyes. Love you to the moon and back, to infinity and beyond, forever and ever. Muah Muah.
With tons of Love,
This article was originally published here.