Ain’t we? But how can it be achieved? I know, things are easier said than done. But I am a firm believer in the following statement as quoted by Buddha:-
“Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.”
First understand and find out what does peace mean to you? For me currently, peace means things going as per my plan and as per my wish. But, most of the times, it’s not possible. Life is unpredictable and doesn’t always go as per your plan. So mostly, I try to make peace within. But sometimes, I fail miserably. To be truthful, I am trying to go with the flow.
This post is especially written for the fellow mommies who are struggling with their career aspirations and home and kids responsibilities. Believe me, you, I and for that matter, anyone on this planet cannot have it all. We always need to prioritize responsibilities and action on them accordingly. Planning and implementation is important. But always remember to make peace, when things are not going as per your wish. Always believe in your-self and make your inner well-being the priority, only then you can focus on other responsibilities. Never-ever, compromise with your inner and mental well-being. You can do the following things to be in peace:-
- Fix your daily meeting with God. It’s a sure way to gain power and positivity within. Personally, tried and tested several times.
- Invest time in yourself. Do things that make you happy and lift your spirits. It can be anything like going to beauty-parlour, writing a blog post, reading a book or your favourite magazine, watching TV or going for a movie or to your favourite restaurant. Pampering yourself is most important.
- Make a routine to exercise. You can exercise daily or on alternate days. But do ensure, you take out some time to exercise. It pays-off in long-term as it strengthens your inner and outer self.
- Always be in touch with your loved ones. By any means, talk to them on daily basis and see the magic. You will never feel alone.
- Never-ever doubt on your capabilities. Remember your past achievements and the time when you overcame the difficulties and came out as a winner.
To give yourself more peace, read the below mentioned famous quotes about peace:-
- “Peace is a daily, a weekly, a monthly process, gradually changing opinions, slowly eroding old barriers, quietly building new structures.” – John F. Kennedy
- “If you want to make peace with your enemy, you have to work with your enemy. Then he becomes your partner.” – Nelson Mandela
- “Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.” – Albert Einstein
- “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “If the human race wishes to have a prolonged and indefinite period of material prosperity, they have only got to behave in a peaceful and helpful way toward one another.” – Winston Churchill
- “If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.” – Mother Teresa
- “If you want peace, you don’t talk to your friends. You talk to your enemies.” – Desmond Tutu
- “An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Democracy is necessary to peace and to undermining the forces of terrorism.” – Benazir Bhutto
- “Peace begins with a smile.” – Mother Teresa
- “It isn’t enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn’t enough to believe in it. One must work at it.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Always remember, “You are the creator and can be the destroyer, if not taken care of properly”. Everything starts with ‘You’, so ‘Believe and reclaim your inner-peace’ – To make peace in the society and the environment you live in!
This post is written to celebrate ‘International Day of Peace’. #PeaceDay