My last post was about bad manners in kids and in this post, I am highlighting some of the common mistakes that we parents (knowingly or unknowingly) make, and it can have adverse effects on the upbringing of our children. They say “a child is a reflection of his parents” and “what they see is what they do”. I completely agree with these aforementioned statements and urge you to give it a thought and analyse this by looking at yourself or for that matter, anyone in your close circle or family. I recently analysed myself and figured out, I am a carbon copy of my parents when it comes to looks, habits, nature and personality.
Here are a few grave mistakes that parents make in front of their children that can make things difficult for both the parties:-
1) Going to your child’s school dressed indecently? Think again.
2) Speaking rashly to your child’s teacher.
3) Cursing, using foul words or swearing in front of your children.
4) Using makeup on children and make them feel it’s good for them.
5) Dressing indecently in front of your children and setting bad example for them.
6) When your children request for a bribe to carry out the home chores or extra task and you encourage them.
7) When your children act like their grandparents irritate them and you support them.
8) Bad-mouthing about someone in front of your children.
9) Littering in the public places and destroying the public property.
10) Husband and wife quarreling and shouting in front of their children.
Bad parenting leads to long-lasting and dangerous results in future and not only it affects a single person; it negatively impacts the nation and the future of the nation. Think about how’s and why’s of it. This is not meant to hurt anyone or pinpoint on someone for their upbringing. It’s a general message targeted to all the parents of today.
This post is added to #DailyChatter #UBC Day Eight #BloggingChallenge
If you like my articles, then do vote for me on blogadda.
Thanks for stopping by! XO